August 6, 2010

MGM Half-Marathon Training - Week Four

I switched weeks 3 and 4 of the training plan I'm following so I could run the 5K race I have planned this weekend. This was a "step-down" week for me. Fewer miles, easier runs, more rest days. We need step-down weeks to allow our bodies extra recovery and healing time from the increased training intensity.

I did my usually strength and stretch day on Tuesday because I ran in the rain on Monday. My total mileage for the week beginning on Monday is only 11 miles. The hot weather also has me hitting the treadmill more than I like. I did last Sunday's 7 mile long run on a treadmill with the A/C and fans on high. I'll be glad when the weather is more tolerable for running.

Saturday: I'll be at the Woodstock 5K (30th Anniversary) in Anniston. I will do 1 mile warm-up and a 1 mile cool down afterward.

Sunday: 4 - 5 miles. Might be out in the neighborhood, might be on the treadmill, it all depends on the heat and level of humidity

No comments: