January 12, 2007

Day of the Dog



I know a good therapist. Treatment is paid in doggy treats.


“Happiness is a warm puppy.”

--Charles M. Schultz




What is it exactly that makes humans envious of a dog's life? Is it because deep down inside we know that our dogs lead happy, simple lives? That they don't need to seek a wise man on top of a mountain to find themselves, because they know exactly where they are? That they have no worries to speak of -- no bills, business meetings, final exams, or power lunches? That they're not interested in impressing a new girlfriend or boyfriend and they're not angry if you missed their birthday?

We could learn a few things from our dogs. I know I could. One of my dogs is always telling me to take a break and enjoy life. After all, what could be easier than living in the moment?

11 comments:

BBC said...

I think that if I got a dog that all the cats around here would give it a personality disorder.

What with my cats and all their friends that come to visit. It's a proven fact, pussy's drive you crazy.
LOL

Evil Spock said...

Evil Spock envies no one, especially of the canine variety!

Except maybe Spuds Mackenzie back in his heyday. . .

Anonymous said...

Good morning Nick,

I'd like to order that book. I'll see what I can do.

Dogs don't need therapists,right? They are happy, end of story.

Although, I must say that Honey's worry this morning is the white strange stuff on the stairs. She just didn't want to go down and pee. So what the hell, she peed on the stairs, no problem, right??? ;-)

She was able to fix her problem in about oohh let's say..3 seconds. Do you think she's bothered about it??? Nahhhhhhhhhhhh she's playing with her ball and happy as can be.. ;-)

TGIF mon ami...

Je t'aime... XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

I ordered the book from Amazon.com I've never done that before.. I should be getting it by next week, isn't that great!!! ;-)

azgoddess said...

aww, bbc took my pussy joke...

but seriously -- my cats are like your dog -- and when i get home i do try and emulate their behavior...ahh, to lay around and let someone lick me -- lol

sorry - i couldn't resist

BBC said...

The last lady I lived with gave our dogs personality disorders. She just wouldn't let them be dogs.

Angry Ballerina said...

I would love to be a boy dog so I could pee on things and get away with it.

BBC said...

I would love to be a dog so I could lie around most of the day and chase my pussy's the rest of the time.

supergirlest said...

i had a golden that i loved as a child - your puppy looks A LOT like her! she was AWESOME! her name was canine aurelia...

it's funny, we have two dogs now, both mutts. one is a black lab mix and he's just not too bright. :) i've often thought that if he were a person, he'd be a drunk frat guy. ;)

one day a friend was over and after watching his silly antics for several minutes, she said, "maybe more of us should be more like al." i've never forgotten that. just incredibly, silly and happy.

Katie Schwartz said...

love how much you love your dog!! me too. when is your birthday? mine is feb 7th.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was so quotable! [grins] Glad you enjoyed the book.