January 31, 2008

Crowded Isolation

Is there place that isn't so lonely?

People are so busy trying to do things to fill up their time, they are missing out getting to know other people.

The more I try to do the activities everyone else is doing, the more I try to fit in, socialize, and do the things people say are "fun, the more isolated I feel. I see them having this so-called fun, and it makes me sad. Literally.

I see this too much, that unless you are doing what they want you to do, what they like to do, what they consider worthwhile, then you are not worth their time. You must conform. They avoid people who think, act, or live differently from them.

Why live, if you're just going to be the same as everyone else?

It is time to run away, again.

"I gotta roll, can't stand still,
Got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill,
Eyes that shine burning red,
Dreams of you all thru my head."
- Black Dog, Led Zeppelin

2 comments:

FreakyNick said...

Mauigirl - Your comment was was deleted by mistake. Sorry.

I don't feel disconnected from life, just from this culture that has developed a thin, easily broken foundation on which to live.

Christy Forrester said...

Oh my gosh. I feel this way so often. I think some of the problem lies in the hype. The whole... "we are gonna have so much fun when.. " then the time comes and NO FUN...

I think we all miss the feeling of true adventure... not some structured B.S. they are selling.