January 3, 2010

Chilly Sunday Miles


Although the temperatures reached the 40's today the wind chill was way below that. I started out my long run in the sunny afternoon, feeling very comfortable for the first 3 miles, but then I made a turn and was facing a cold breeze, then the sun started getting lower, and I noticed the puddles in the shady areas were still frozen, then I was in the shady areas becoming frozen. Even with gloves, my hands went numb, which 7 miles later, were torturing me with a pain that felt similar to them being slowly crushed. I need running mittens. Other parts of me felt the cold, but my fingertips were the only part that were in pain. Filled a sink with warm water and soaked my hands til the pain and numbness were gone. I will be getting those mittens very soon.

I managed to keep my pace at a comfortable 8:30 minutes, running the first three miles at an 8 minute pace, then forcing myself to slow down.

Mileage Stats:
Today - 10
Year - 17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nick... agee.. mittens are better thank gloves.. but gloves then mittens I found are best in this weather..