October 19, 2006

Just 5 more minutes..........

I think some of you might have a problem, so in your best interest; here are my 7 steps to curing your blogging addiction…

It starts out so innocently. The desire to have a creative outlet. To vent. To connect with people who may be like minded. To get that affirmation when you say something brilliant.

You start writing pithy and insightful observations. You surf others's sites similar to, and not so similar to, your place. You notice this little thing called a site meter. Hey, they've got 7326 hits. And they've only been blogging for 3 months! What the hell. And she's got 14, 587 hits! And at least 34 comments PER post! Why do I have no comments? I want comments. I want hits. So subtly, you have been lured.
.
Sound familiar? Hmmmm? Or are you in denial about your ~~whispered~~ little blog problem

The above was scraped from an older post at Blogher and Captain Me Planet. I've been a little overworked lately and don't have the time write.

When will it end?

5 comments:

BadTux said...

I am sorry, but I am addicted to blogging the way that a diabetic is addicted to injectable insulin. It's something I need for my (mental) health. Or maybe the cause of my mental health. Hmm...

-- Badtux the Mental Penguin

Blueberry said...

At first (a year and a half ago) I intended only to post maybe once a week, now it's once or twice a day. I thought I was a shy person. Maybe not...

If you blog about blogging, is it called blog blogging or blogging blogging? [grin]

BBC said...

Hey.... Fuck you pal, I'm on a roll, I don't want to be cured, I have things to say. Just try to shut me the fuck up. LOL

If you want more comments you need to try to include more humor Nick. And just because you don't get comments doesn't mean you are not being read.

I don't have a site meter, I don't give a shit, it's not an ego thing to me. Okay?

Love you pal. Have a great day. Cheer up, things could be worse, you could be out of frigging booze, sitting under a tree starving to death. Hugs. BBC

pissed off patricia said...

It's fun for me and when it no longer feels like fun, I'll shut it down.

Have a great weekend.

azgoddess said...

wow - what diverse opinions..

i blog cuz i have something to say -- and when i don't have anything to say anymore

i'll stop