September 10, 2006

Shuffle

Isn't it great when your mind picks random memories from way back in your past, and plays them for you in a dream? A dream that lets you wake up so happy that nothing can bother you all day. Not only did I have great dreams last night, but my mind played a song for me, and I can't get it out of my head. It was a song that I hadn't heard in years (or maybe decades). It was not even a song that was ever a favorite of mine, but today the song is running thru my head, sparked from a dream.

I don't know what I did to uncover this buried treasure, but tonight I'm having some more of that chili yesterday. :>)

I went for a run this morning, and I couldn't think of anything, this song just kept playing in my head. Six miles went by in no time at all, and the run felt great, helped out by cooler temperatures (finally), a nice breeze, and an old song.

The song was Three Dog Night's "Out In The Country"

Whenever I need to leave it all behind
Or feel the need to get away
I find a quiet place, far from the human race
Out in the country.

Before the breathing air is gone
Before the sun is just a bright spot in the night time
Out where the rivers like to run
I stand alone
And take back something worth remembering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool song, I've never heard it before. Every once in a while a forgotten song pops into my head.

Like It's Been A Hard Days Night, by the Beatles. Only I've gotten over working my butt off.

Anonymous said...

beautiful song - i remember!!

now it's running around my head..thanks!!