November 16, 2007

Crisp, Cool, Refreshed

On Tuesday and Wednesday I could feel the unwanted black dog trying to come in the back door. Fatigue and annoying pains were starting again. DAMN, I thought, the last two weeks were so great, why can't that mood stick around. DON'T LEAVE ME!

I noticed something, the temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday were pushing 80 degrees, but on Thursday a cold front came through with some pleasant coolness. Yesterday was cool and breezy and this morning I had frost on my car. My mood, and pains have suddenly recovered.

Am I so old now that weather, and barometric pressure effect my moods and body? Could it be true? We are in "high" pressure now, and, well, I feel "high".

No, it can't be, I love rainy weather. Clouds and storms turn me on. I love running in the rain. This is the first time I've noticed, twice this month so far, that high pressure makes me feel good, also. Maybe it's just the cooler temps and crisp, dry air. I'm going to have to start keeping track of weather and my moods. This summer, this last, long, miserably hot summer, I was in a terrible mood most of the time, with aching tendinitis, and we had "high" pressure most of that time.

I went on a seven mile run last night and it felt great. The last half mile I always time myself to make sure my pace is good, and I was running faster than normal, and felt like I taking it slow. HUH?

Maybe someone is playing a joke on me and putting something extra in my "green" tea. Have you ever noticed that green tea smells like grass?

Serious Musical Mood: Question - Moody Blues

.

1 comment:

mad said...

There's a reason why the suicide rate in Sweden is above average. I can't tell you why exactly, but I think it has to do with cold dark weather, which leads to depression, which leads to alcoholism, which leads to... well, you get the picture. In other words, age has very little to do with it.