November 8, 2007

Ipso Facto

My Morning: (Today's mediocre attempt to come up with daily posts for NaBloPoMo)

4:45: Awake - Lay there for a 15 Minutes stretching trying to think myself into getting out of bed, bed is warm and comfy
5:00: Get out of bed, Turn on lights, wake up PC, Take vitamins, ginko biloba, ginseng, iron supplement with half a glass of water
5:02: pee
5:05: Check E-mail, News, Blog Comments, Comic strips SinFest and Dilbert.
5:15: Eat Breakfast, Cold cereal. oatmeal, or muesli. Have Orange or Cranberry Juice (usually while reading or watching news)
5:25: Brush Teeth, Shower, Dress
5:35: In car heading for work
5:50: At work, Wake up Workstation, Check E-mails, respond to alerts, do daily system health checks, put out any fires
6:15: Write Blog Entry (depends on; if I have time and how loud the voices are screaming)
6:30: Make Coffee, give a apathetic attempt to say "G'Mornin" to a few other early souls and third shift crew
6:45: Coffee Ready. GET OUT OF MY WAY.

-- Be right back, I need to make and consume my daily wake up elixir. Can you guess what time it is?

7:00: First gulps of coffee are in me, I can feel the effects.
7:00 - 9:30: Daily work tasks. (I fix databases, application software, and application access problems)
9:30 - 11:00: Head to the gym for morning run (time varies based on time of year)

If everything goes according to plan, projectiles will remain still, and no one will be victimizied by my "This isn't what I planned" rage.

Coming Next Thursday: More of my daily routine (unless I find something more exciting to blog about)

Daily Music Dose - Something To Talk About by Badly Drawn Boy from the Soundtrack of the movie About A Boy


.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

I imagine if you start early in the morning you must finish early afternoon.

Ginseng... is it true that it's an aphrodisiac or is that only an urban legend?

I'd certainly have to stay away from that... wink

Enjoy your day...

Hugs

FreakyNick said...

nancy - life is an aphrodisiac, I need and anti-aphrodisiac.

azgoddess said...

glad to see your mood has improved while i was away from blogging - hugs!! your start of day sounds very similar to mine - only i start at 6...and walk for lunch...and yoga after work...ok, that's most likely more info than you needed - smile

FreakyNick said...

az - good to see you back in the blogosphere. My mood improved when the cooler weather started. It's now blogging and running weather (not at the same time). I hope all is good with you, going dancing tomorrow?

Mauigirl said...

I am amazed at your early start to the day. I am at the opposite end. I drag myself in around 10 but work till 6 or 7 p.m.

FreakyNick said...

mauigirl - I've always been a morning person, even as a teen I was up before the sun. When the HS offered "zero" hour classes, I signed up.

The downside is that I get tired and very moody in the evening, and I'm in bed early, also, usually around 9.

murray said...

It only takes you 15 minutes to think yourself into getting out of bed. Damn, I want to be you. Takes me an hour at least.

Hey, I work for a company that produces the sort of software you might be using to do your job.

Blueberry said...

We get up at 5am too.
[yaaawn]

On weekends (or when there's no alarm), Jax the cat makes sure we don't sleep later than that.

He's just trying to help

...help himself get food that is.

FreakyNick said...

grumble - 15 minutes some days. 30 minutes other days. I have some time to play with and still get to work on time.

blue - I can't even sleep in on weekends. No matter what time I go to bed, I'm up by 5:30, at the latest. It's annoying sometimes.