November 12, 2007

This and That


Too many voices just make a steady hum, humming leads to songs, to singing and next thing you know there is a song in my head to replace the voices. I think my own natural chemicals are keeping me high, and songs in my head. I can't focus on anything to write about, the music keeps getting in the way. Soooooooo, I'll just go give myself another jolt of endorphins while I got the music in me. My legs just can't keep still.

Later, got to run. Have you seen my running shoes?



"We gotta get out while were young
`cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run"


Song of the Day: One Time One Night By Los Lobos


.

3 comments:

Angry Ballerina said...

My dear Nick,

I shall be e-mailing you my address, bc I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE YOU ON.

Love always,

Angry Ballerina

FreakyNick said...

Dearest Angry,

Get up at 3:00 AM, go for a 3-6 Mile run, repeat daily for the next twenty years.

You should see me when I don't get my running fix. The last time I took a break from running, I had severe depression and mood swings. I still get depressed (bipolar, familiar with it?), but not as severe as when I'm not running. It is a mental disorder that I don't recommend, except for the endorphine highs that happen from time to time, it is a nagging obsession. On the upside, I feel great and never have to worry about staying in shape.

I wish I was on something, because then I could stop taking it and get some more sleep. My sleep is even worse when I don't run, so suggesting I stop running is out of the questions. Docs have thrown drugs at me, but I'm too afraid to take them. (I might like them too much)

Love,
niCk

azgoddess said...

great picture...smile