November 29, 2007

Ipso Factor - Ultimate Freak

The last of my daily routine posts Ipso Facto series detailing the freakishness of a nonconformist who is frightened by variety.

18:00 - MWF - Daily Walk, T-Th - Clean, Laundry.
18:30 - MWF - Still Walking, T-Th - Surf (TV, Internet), Shout obscenities at the idiots in power.
19:00 - Brush Teeth then Shower or bath. Some Tuesdays I watch Nova, one of the few series I still like, that and 60 Minutes (I can't believe Andy Rooney is still doing his commentary).
19:15 - Read blogs, or book. Sometimes I read while sitting in a chair, music in background, other times I read while soaking in a hot bathtub. The blogging has taken away from my time to read. I used to read at least one book a week, pulling a book from Modern Library's 100 Best Novels of the Twentieth Century (Reader's List). Over the last year, it has been only one book a month. I find blogging much more interesting, but I need to get back to reading those novels.
20:30 - Secret Relaxation Technique. I could go public, but it would put a serious dent in my free time, so I keep it to myself and maybe an intimate friend, once or twice a year.
21:00 - 21:30 - Bedtime. Hey, I have to be up by 5:00 AM. I will be up for an hour sometime during the night.

Weekends - If I'm racing, on Saturday morning I'm up at 3:00 AM to have my breakfast, and have it completely digested by race time. I don't sleep very well before a race, so getting up is no problem. The time between 3:00 AM and race time flies by so quickly, I barely have time to do all I need to do to prepare. I have to have things a certain way, or my mojo is out of whack. You know what I'm talking about!

If I'm not racing, I do the same thing, but go out on a long run in the neighborhoods. I enjoy these runs more, because I feel better after a long slow run, than a race, but I enjoy socializing with other runners at a race, so each has it's benefits.

The rest of the day: Lunch, Nap, Veg Out or get a cup of coffee and browse a bookstore.

On Sunday - Long Run, Grocery Store, Mall (except November and December, I will not go anywhere near a mall or other retail store), bookstore, lunch, nap, TV or Internet surf, another short fast run, then my usual routine before bedtime (see above).

Okay, now you can quit banging your head against the wall. To me this IS fun. Really, it is. Really, Really.

Music: The End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so if you don't tell us about the secret relaxation technique you do realize that we're going to have to kill you... ;-)

I've been reading a lot more these days, let's just say being off work gives me more free time.

Doggie books have been top of the list but I decided to go for Oprah's picks.. we'll see.

"The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett.

"She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb.

"Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez... looks like a girly girl book.. ;-) The movie is coming out or already is.

"Night" by Elie Wiesel.

Looks so beautiful here today... a tone of the white stuff is falling.. ;-)

Enjoy your day my friend.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

P.S. "I have to have things a certain way, or my mojo is out of whack." oh yeah, I can relate to that... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am a creature of habit, or I'm anal, or a control freak, or OCD...I'm not sure which.

Your stuff sounds fun to me, except that 3 a.m. run.

I just watched a short doc about The Traveling Wilburys. It was great!

Minka said...

yeah, I second Cindra (who sent me over here!) 3 am run is not for me, the rest sounds pretty alright to me. Although I am not sure I could read a book per week. Some books you end up with tend to take ages to get through and I am to anal to start a book and not finish it, especially when I bought it :)

I keep re-starting "100 years of Solitude" every year!

Mauigirl said...

I wish I had a nice healthy habit like running as part of my routine. Unfortunately I am lazy as dirt so I don't like doing things that resemble exercise!

Just catching up with your last few posts. I am looking forward to the next installment of "When is lunch."