November 22, 2007

Gratitude

I thank the universe that I'm a whole person, and I can understand the blessings I been granted for this brief moment of consciousness.

I'm thankful to the people who have showed me that bigotry, hatred, blame, and vengeance, never heal wounds.

I'm thankful for those people who care about me, although I'm at a loss to understand why.

I'm thankful for the mistakes I have made. I am human.

I'm thankful for the crises that pass my way, to show that I can be defeated and still go on living.

I'm thankful for the low times in my life, to balance me.

I'm thankful for pleasure and pain, so I know I feel.

I'm thankful for passion, it is the life force of nature.

I'm thankful for blue skies, stormy weather, the sun, clouds, the trees, the rocks, the stars, the earth, the cold, the heat, and all of the parts of the universe that have come together to create my life and the lives with whom I share this universe.



I'm thankful for Music: No Myth - Michael Penn


.

3 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Beautiful post. Thanksgiving does make us think about what we should be thankful for, doesn't it?

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

FAB list my friend!

I love the way you've cleaned up the place... I'm grateful for that.

You should come and clean up my place now. It would smell a whole lot better. wink

Hope you enjoyed your Thankxgiving with your alien friends! ;-)

I will continue to cherish my life just the way it is..

XOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Nicely said, niCK. And Nancy's right, the list is FAB. Your inclusion of the struggles and failures is a point I too often overlook.

Hope your dinner was (inter)stellar!